Missouri Laws > Title XLI > Chapter 700 > § 700.677 - Discipline authorized--methods of discipline--complaint may be considered, effect--notice
Current as of: 2009
700.677. 1. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, the commission may discipline a holder of an installer license, a holder of a limited-use installer license, or any other person for any violation or combination of violations of sections 700.671 and 700.674.
2. The commission may discipline a licensee or applicant who violates any provision of section 700.674 by:
(1) Revoking a license;
(2) Suspending a license;
(3) Requiring the person to take and pass, or retake and pass, an examination approved by the commission;
(4) Placing the person on probation;
(5) Sending the person a notice of noncompliance; or
(6) Refusing to issue a license.
3. The commission may consider a complaint filed with it charging a licensed installer with a violation of the provisions of sections 700.650 to 700.680. If proven, the charges shall constitute grounds for revoking or suspending the installer license or for placing the licensed installer on probation.
4. If it refuses to issue or renew an installer license or limited-use installer license, the commission shall notify the person, in writing, of:
(1) The reasons for refusal;
(2) The option to resolve the matter through the commission's alternative dispute resolution process;
(3) The opportunity to file a formal complaint with the commission if the person does not choose alternative dispute resolution or if that process fails to resolve the matter; and
(4) The right to review by the circuit court, pursuant to section 386.510, RSMo.
(L. 2004 S.B. 1096) Prev | Next
Questions & Answers: Manufactured HousingSee also: