Current as of: 2009
(a) In any of the following cases, the court must make an order modifying or correcting the award, upon the application of any party to the arbitration:
(1) Where there was an evident material miscalculation of figures, or an evident material mistake in the description of any person, thing, or property referred to in the award.
(2) Where the arbitrators have awarded upon a matter not submitted to them, unless it is a matter not affecting the merits of the decision upon the matters submitted.
(3) Where the award is imperfect in matter of form not affecting the merits of the controversy.
(b) The order must modify and correct the award, so as to effect the intent thereof and promote justice between the parties.
U.S. Code Provisions: Arbitration
Current as of: 2010
This part shall take effect when:
(1) Two (2) or more of the counties of Montgomery, Houston or Stewart or the cities of Clarksville or Cumberland City are authorized by a majority vote of their respective governing bodies to become members of the authority;
(2) Evidence of such authorization is proclaimed and countersigned by the presiding officer of each ratifying county and city and certified by that presiding officer to the secretary of state; and
(3) The governing bodies of all governments voting to become members of the authority have indicated their willingness to appropriate sufficient funds to provide for the initial administration of the authority.
[Acts 1983, ch. 302, § 17.]
U.S. Code Provisions: Railroads