The mortgage shall be:
Terms Used In 24 CFR 200.80
- Commissioner: means the Federal Housing Commissioner. See 24 CFR 200.3
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
(a) Executed on a form approved by the Commissioner for use in the jurisdiction in which the property securing the mortgage is situated, which form shall not be changed without the prior written approval of the Commissioner.
(b) Executed by an eligible mortgagor.
(c) A first lien on the property securing the mortgage, which property conforms with the property standards prescribed by the Commissioner.