There is established the Interdepartmental Task Force on Vocational Education and Related Programs (in this section referred to as the “Task Force”).
Terms Used In 20 USC 2308
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See 19 USC 1441
The Task Force shall consist of the Secretary of Education, the Secretary of Labor, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and such other personnel of the Department of Education, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Health and Human Services as the Secretaries consider appropriate.
The Task Force shall–
(1) examine principal data required for programs under the Adult Education Act, the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Education Act, the Job Training Partnership Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 [29 U.S.C. 701 et seq.], and the Wagner-Peyser Act [29 U.S.C. 49 et seq.];
(2) examine possible common objectives, definitions, measures, and standards for such programs; and
(3) consider integration of research and development conducted with Federal assistance in the area of vocational education and related areas, including areas of emerging technologies.