(a) Simultaneous service
No person other than an officer or employee of the Department of Agriculture may serve simultaneously on more than one advisory committee, unless authorized by the Secretary.
(b) Service by more than one officer or employee of corporation or non-Federal entity
Terms Used In 7 USC 2283
- advisory committee: means any committee, board, commission, council, conference, panel, task force, or other similar group, or any subcommittee or other subgroup thereof that is established or utilized by the Department of Agriculture in the interest of obtaining advice or recommendations for the President or the Department of Agriculture, except that such term excludes any committee which (A) is composed wholly of full-time officers or employees of the Federal Government, (B) is established by statute or reorganization plan, or (C) is established by the President. See 7 USC 2282
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department of Agriculture: means the United States Department of Agriculture. See 7 USC 2282
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States. See 7 USC 2282
Not more than one officer or employee of any corporation or other non-Federal entity, including all subsidiaries and affiliates thereof, may serve on the same advisory committee at any one time, unless authorized by the Secretary.
(c) Maximum length
No person other than an officer or employee of the Department of Agriculture may serve for more than six consecutive years on an advisory committee, unless authorized by the Secretary.