|§ 5711||Federal Trade Commission regulations|
|§ 5712||Actions by States|
|§ 5713||Administration and applicability of subchapter|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 15 > Chapter 83 > Subchapter I - Regulation of Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices in Connection With Pay-Per-Call Services
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Civil forfeiture: The loss of ownership of property used to conduct illegal activity.
- Commission: means the International Pacific Halibut Commission provided for by article III of the Convention. See 16 USC 773
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Internal Revenue. See 26 USC 7701
- Convention: means the Convention between the United States of America and Canada for the Preservation of the Halibut Fishery of the Northern Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea, signed at Ottawa, Canada on March 2, 1953, as amended by the Protocol Amending the Convention, signed at Washington March 29, 1979, and includes the regulations promulgated thereunder. See 16 USC 773
- Convention waters: means the maritime areas off the west coast of the United States and Canada described in article I of the Convention. See 16 USC 773
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Extradition: The formal process of delivering an accused or convicted person from authorities in one state to authorities in another state.
- Fishery conservation zone: means the fishery conservation zone of the United States established by section 1811 1 of this title. See 16 USC 773
- Fishing vessel: means &mdash. See 16 USC 773
- foreign: when applied to a corporation or partnership means a corporation or partnership which is not domestic. See 26 USC 7701
- Halibut: means fish of the species Hippoglossus stenolepis inhabiting Convention waters. See 16 USC 773
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- levy: includes the power of distraint and seizure by any means. See 26 USC 7701
- paid or accrued: shall be construed according to the method of accounting upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under subtitle A. See 26 USC 7701
- person: shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation. See 26 USC 7701
- project: shall mean a project or any appropriate unit thereof. See 16 USC 460l-21
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Commerce. See 16 USC 773
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 26 USC 7701
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Tax Court: means the United States Tax Court. See 26 USC 7701
- taxable year: means the calendar year, or the fiscal year ending during such calendar year, upon the basis of which the taxable income is computed under subtitle A. See 26 USC 7701
- taxpayer: means any person subject to any internal revenue tax. See 26 USC 7701
- United States: when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia. See 26 USC 7701
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.