|§ 1067a||Purpose; authority|
|§ 1067b||Grant recipient selection|
|§ 1067c||Use of funds|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 20 > Chapter 28 > Subchapter III > Part E > Subpart 1
- agricultural research: means research in the food and agricultural sciences. See 7 USC 3103
- Department of Agriculture: means the United States Department of Agriculture. See 7 USC 3103
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- extension: means the informal education programs conducted in the States in cooperation with the Department of Agriculture. See 7 USC 3103
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- officer: includes any person authorized by law to perform the duties of the office. See 1 USC 1
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Agriculture of the United States. See 7 USC 3103
- State: means --
(A) a State. See 7 USC 3103
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- writing: includes printing and typewriting and reproductions of visual symbols by photographing, multigraphing, mimeographing, manifolding, or otherwise. See 1 USC 1