|§ 9141||Grants to States|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 20 > Chapter 72 > Subchapter II > Part 2
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 19 USC 2295
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- digital literacy skills: means the skills associated with--
(A) using technology to enable users to find, evaluate, organize, create, and communicate information. See 20 USC 9101
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 19 USC 2297
- library: includes --
(A) a public library. See 20 USC 9122
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Interior. See 16 USC 825m
- State: means a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. See 21 USC 360eee-1
- State library administrative agency: means the official agency of a State charged by the law of the State with the extension and development of public library services throughout the State. See 20 USC 9122
- whoever: include corporations, companies, associations, firms, partnerships, societies, and joint stock companies, as well as individuals. See 19 USC 2291