|§ 9165||Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 20 > Chapter 72 > Subchapter II > Part 4
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- association: when used in reference to a corporation, shall be deemed to embrace the words "successors and assigns of such company or association" in like manner as if these last-named words, or words of similar import, were expressed. See 1 USC 5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- digital literacy skills: means the skills associated with--
(A) using technology to enable users to find, evaluate, organize, create, and communicate information. See 20 USC 9101
- Director: means the Director of the Institute appointed under section 9103 of this title. See 20 USC 9101
- library: includes --
(A) a public library. See 20 USC 9122
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.