|Part A||Administration On Children, Youth, and Families|
|Part B||Grants for State and Community Programs for Children, Youth, and Families|
|Part C||National Clearinghouse|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 127 > Subchapter I
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of the Administration on Children, Youth, and Families, as established under section 12311 of this title. See 42 USC 12302
- community referral services: means services to assist families in obtaining community resources, including health care, mental health care, employability development and job training, and other social services. See 42 USC 12332
- Council: means the Federal Council on Children, Youth, and Families, as established under section 12314(a) of this title. See 42 USC 12302
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- family resource and support programs: means community-based services that offer sustained assistance to families at various stages in their development. See 42 USC 12352
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- follow up services: means services provided to ensure that necessary services are received by families and are effective in meeting their needs. See 42 USC 12332
- independent State body: means the entity established under section 12336 of this title. See 42 USC 12332
- oath: includes affirmation, and "sworn" includes affirmed. See
- Outlays: Outlays are payments made (generally through the issuance of checks or disbursement of cash) to liquidate obligations. Outlays during a fiscal year may be for payment of obligations incurred in prior years or in the same year.
- outreach services: means services provided to ensure (through home visits or other methods) that parents are aware of and able to participate in family resource and support program activities. See 42 USC 12332
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of Health and Human Services. See 42 USC 12302
- State: includes the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. See 42 USC 12302
- vehicle: includes every description of carriage or other artificial contrivance used, or capable of being used, as a means of transportation on land. See
- writing: includes printing and typewriting and reproductions of visual symbols by photographing, multigraphing, mimeographing, manifolding, or otherwise. See