U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 149 > Subchapter II > Part B – Geothermal Energy
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 15871||Coordination of geothermal leasing and permitting on Federal lands|
|§ 15872||Assessment of geothermal energy potential|
|§ 15873||Deposit and use of geothermal lease revenues for 5 fiscal years|
|§ 15874||Intermountain West Geothermal Consortium|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 149 > Subchapter II > Part B - Geothermal Energy
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- county: includes a parish, or any other equivalent subdivision of a State or Territory of the United States. See 1 USC 2
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- person: shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation. See 26 USC 7701
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate. See 26 USC 7701
- State: shall be construed to include the District of Columbia, where such construction is necessary to carry out provisions of this title. See 26 USC 7701
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- subscription: includes a mark when the person making the same intended it as such. See 1 USC 1
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: when used in a geographical sense includes only the States and the District of Columbia. See 26 USC 7701