|Article 3||Allocation and Use of Revenues|
Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 3 > Chapter 6 - Disposition of Geothermal Revenues
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- County: includes city and county. See California Water Code 14
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Enrollee: means a person who is enrolled in a plan and who is a recipient of services from the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- licensed: refers to , a license as a plan pursuant to Section 1353. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Person: means any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or company. See California Water Code 19
- plan: refers to health care service plans and specialized health care service plans. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Plan contract: means a contract between a plan and its subscribers or enrollees or a person contracting on their behalf pursuant to which health care services, including basic health care services, are furnished. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Preliminary hearing: A hearing where the judge decides whether there is enough evidence to make the defendant have a trial.
- Provider: means any professional person, organization, health facility, or other person or institution licensed by the state to deliver or furnish health care services. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- specialized health care service plan: means either of the following:
California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Specialized health care service plan contract: means a contract for health care services in a single specialized area of health care, including dental care, for subscribers or enrollees, or which pays for or which reimburses any part of the cost for those services, in return for a prepaid or periodic charge paid by or on behalf of the subscribers or enrollees. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Water Code 18
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Health and Safety Code 23
- Subscriber: means the person who is responsible for payment to a plan or whose employment or other status, except for family dependency, is the basis for eligibility for membership in the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.