Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 42 > Chapter 157 > Subchapter II
- amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- individual: shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development. See 1 USC 8
- liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.