Any resolution of the authority or trust indenture under which bonds may be issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter may contain provisions creating a statutory mortgage lien in favor of the holders of such bonds and of the interest coupons applicable thereto on the property and facilities, or any part thereof (including any after-acquired property) out of the revenues from which such bonds are made payable. The said resolution of the authority of the said trust indenture may provide for the filing of record in the office of the judge of probate of each county in which any property and facilities, or any part thereof, may be located of a notice containing a brief description of such bonds and a declaration that said statutory mortgage lien has been created for the benefit of the holders of such bonds and the interest coupons applicable thereto upon such property and facilities, or any thereof, including additions thereto and extensions thereof. Each judge of probate shall receive and record and index any such notice filed for record in his office. The recording of such notice, as provided in this section, shall operate as constructive notice of the contents thereof.
(Acts 1979, No. 79-322, p. 475, §7.)
Terms Used In Alabama Code 16-18A-7
- authority: The Private Colleges and Universities Facilities Authority created by this chapter and any successor or successors thereto. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83.04
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Probate: Proving a will
- property: Any real, personal or mixed property, or any interest therein, including, without limitation, any real estate, appurtenances, buildings, easements, equipment, furnishings, furniture, improvements, machinery, rights-of-way and structures, or any interest therein. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83.04
- revenues: With respect to any project, the rents, purchase installments, loan repayment proceeds, fees, charges and other moneys derived by the authority therefrom in connection with the lease, sale or financing thereof. See Alabama Code 45-17A-83.04