All moneys derived from the sale of any bonds issued by the authority shall be used solely for the purpose or purposes for which the same are authorized and any costs and expenses incidental thereto. Such costs and expenses may include, but shall not be limited to:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 16-18A-8. Use of proceeds from sale
- authority: The Private Colleges and Universities Facilities Authority created by this chapter and any successor or successors thereto. See Alabama Code 16-18A-2
- costs: As applied to a project or any portion thereof financed under the provisions of this chapter, all or any part of the cost of construction, acquisition, alteration, enlargement, reconstruction and remodeling of a project including all lands, structures, real or personal property, rights, rights-of-way, franchises, easements, permits, approvals, licenses and certificates and the securing of such permits, approvals, licenses and certificates, and interests acquired or used for or in connection with a project, the cost of demolishing or removing any buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring any lands to which such buildings or structures may be moved, the cost of all machinery and equipment, financing charges, underwriters' commissions or discounts, interest prior to, during and for a period of six months following estimated completion of such construction and acquisition, provisions for reserves for principal and interest and for extensions, enlargements, additions and improvements, the cost of architectural, engineering, financial and legal services, plans, specifications, studies, surveys, estimates of cost and revenues, administrative expenses, expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of constructing the project and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to the construction and acquisition of the project, the financing of such construction and acquisition and the placing of the project in operation. See Alabama Code 16-18A-2
(1) The fiscal, engineering, legal and other expenses incurred in connection with the issuance and sale of the bonds;
(2) In the case of bonds issued to pay costs of the authority, interest on such bonds (or, if a part only of bonds of any series is issued for construction purposes, interest on that portion of the bonds of that series that is issued to pay construction costs) prior to and during such construction; and
(3) In the case of bonds issued for the purpose of refunding principal and interest or either with respect to bonds issued or obligations assumed by the authority, any premium that it may be necessary to pay in order to redeem or retire the bonds or other obligations to be refunded.