This chapter applies as to all insurance contracts and annuity contracts other than:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 27-14-2
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
(2) Policies or contracts not issued for delivery in this state nor delivered in this state;
(3) Wet marine and transportation insurance; and
(4) Title insurance, except as to the following provisions:
a. Section 27-14-5;
b. Section 27-14-8;
c. Section 27-14-9;
d. Section 27-14-13;
e. Section 27-14-14; and
f. Section 27-14-17.