An insurer shall not deny enrollment of a child under the health coverage of the child’s parent on any of the following grounds:
Terms Used In Alabama Code 27-21B-4. Enrollment of child
- dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- following: means next after. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- insurer: A health insurer, including a group health plan as defined in Section 607(1) of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, a health maintenance organization, or an entity offering a service benefit plan. See Alabama Code 27-21B-2
(1) That the child was born out of wedlock.
(2) That the child is not claimed as a dependent on the parent’s federal income tax return.
(3) That the child does not reside with the parent or in the insurer’s service area.