Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 25B
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- preceding: means next before. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Probate: Proving a will
- year: means a calendar year; but, whenever the word "year" is used in reference to any appropriations for the payment of money out of the treasury, it shall mean fiscal year. See Alabama Code 1-1-1