Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 16 > Chapter 25B
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- oath: includes affirmation. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- United States: includes the territories thereof and the District of Columbia. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608
- writing: includes typewriting and printing on paper. See Alabama Code 30-3D-608