|§ 27-20A-2||Chapter applicable to group, etc., policies|
|§ 27-20A-3||Benefits required|
|§ 27-20A-4||Extent of coverage|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 20A
- alcoholism: A chronic disorder or illness in which the individual is unable, for psychological or physical reasons, or both, to refrain from the frequent consumption of alcohol in quantities sufficient to produce intoxication and, ultimately, injury to health and effective functioning. See Alabama Code 27-20A-1
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- assessment: A standardized diagnostic evaluation for placement in a treatment program. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- board: The Lee County Alternative Sentencing Board. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- detoxification: Supervised physical withdrawal from alcohol. See Alabama Code 27-20A-1
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- drug: Includes all of the following:
a. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- FORGED INSTRUMENT: A written instrument which has been falsely made, completed or altered. See Alabama Code 13A-9-1
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- INPATIENT TREATMENT FOR ALCOHOLISM: Care provided in a licensed hospital and is normally limited to detoxification where severe medical or psychiatric complications are present or may be anticipated. See Alabama Code 27-20A-1
- INTENT TO DEFRAUD: A purpose to use deception, as defined in Section 13A-8-1(1), or to injure another person's interest which has value, as defined in Section 13A-8-1(14). See Alabama Code 13A-9-1
- OUTPATIENT TREATMENT: Treatment rendered in a nonresidential setting and using an intermittent, periodic schedule of visits. See Alabama Code 27-20A-1
- participant: A person who has been approved for participation in the program. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- program: The Lee County Alternative Sentencing Program. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- SHORT TERM RESIDENTIAL ALCOHOLISM TREATMENT FACILITY: A state certified facility which provides structured programs of intensive treatment services for people addicted to alcohol. See Alabama Code 27-20A-1
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- VIOLENT OFFENSE: An offense or charge as defined in subdivision (14) of Section 12-25-32, to also include chemical endangerment of a child pursuant to Section 26-15-3. See Alabama Code 45-41-83.01
- WRITTEN INSTRUMENT: Such term means:
- a. See Alabama Code 13A-9-1