|§ 27-3A-1||Short title|
|§ 27-3A-4||Duties of utilization review agents|
|§ 27-3A-5||Standards for utilization review agents|
|§ 27-3A-6||Violations of chapter by utilization review agent|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 27 > Chapter 3A
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- AVERAGE DAILY MEMBERSHIP: The meaning ascribed in Section 16-13-232. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- committee: The Jefferson County Community Service Committee authorized in Section 45-37-249. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- county: Jefferson County, Alabama. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- COUNTY COMMISSION: The Jefferson County Commission. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- department: The Alabama Department of Public Health. See Alabama Code 27-3A-3
- enrollee: An individual who has contracted for or who participates in coverage under an insurance policy, a health maintenance organization contract, a health service corporation contract, an employee welfare benefit plan, a hospital or medical services plan, or any other benefit program providing payment, reimbursement, or indemnification for health care costs for the individual or the eligible dependents of the individual. See Alabama Code 27-3A-3
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Legislative session: That part of a chamber's daily session in which it considers legislative business (bills, resolutions, and actions related thereto).
- month: means a calendar month. See Alabama Code 1-1-1
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- provider: A health care provider duly licensed or certified by the State of Alabama. See Alabama Code 27-3A-3
- REFUNDING SCHOOL WARRANTS: Any warrants or other obligations of the county issued after May 27, 2015, to refinance, on such terms as the county commission shall determine in its discretion, either a. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- Sentencing guidelines: A set of rules and principles established by the United States Sentencing Commission that trial judges use to determine the sentence for a convicted defendant. Source: U.S. Courts
- STATE SALES TAX: The tax or taxes imposed by the state sales tax statutes. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- STATE SALES TAX STATUTES: Division 1 of Article 1 of Chapter 23 of Title 40, as heretofore or hereafter amended, including all other statutes of the state which expressly set forth any exemptions from the computation of the tax levied in the state sales tax statutes and all other statutes of the state which expressly apply to or purport to affect the administration of the state sales tax statutes, and the incidence and collection of the taxes imposed therein. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- STATE USE TAX: The tax or taxes imposed by the state use tax statutes. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- STATE USE TAX STATUTES: Article 2 of Chapter 23 of Title 40, as heretofore or hereafter amended, including all other statutes of the state which expressly set forth any exemptions from the computation of the tax levied in the state use tax statutes and all other statutes of the state which expressly apply to or purport to affect the administration of the state use tax statutes, and the incidence and collection of the taxes imposed therein. See Alabama Code 45-37-249.02
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- UTILIZATION REVIEW: A system for prospective and concurrent review of the necessity and appropriateness in the allocation of health care resources and services given or proposed to be given to an individual within this state. See Alabama Code 27-3A-3
- UTILIZATION REVIEW AGENT: Any person or entity, including the State of Alabama, performing a utilization review, except the following:
a. See Alabama Code 27-3A-3