Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 2 > Chapter 3A > Article 3
- ADJOINING COUNTY: A county the boundary of which abuts either land on which the establishing county has established a park or recreational area or land which the establishing county has designated for the establishment thereon of a park or recreational area. See Alabama Code 11-18-20
- commissioner: The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries. See Alabama Code 2-1-1
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- ESTABLISHING COUNTY: A county, the county commission of which has provided for the establishment of a park or recreational area or has designated land for the establishment thereon of a park or recreational area. See Alabama Code 11-18-20
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- GOVERNING BODY: The county commission in which the legislative powers of the county are vested. See Alabama Code 11-20-1
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- mortgage: A mortgage or a mortgage and deed of trust. See Alabama Code 11-20-1
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: An individual, a partnership, a corporation or two or more individuals having a joint or common interest. See Alabama Code 2-1-1
- project: Any land and any building or other improvement thereon and all real and personal properties deemed necessary in connection therewith, whether or not now in existence, which shall be suitable for use by the following or by any combination of two or more thereof:
a. See Alabama Code 11-20-1
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.