|§ 32-16-2||Registration of certain vehicles; bond of certain dealers|
|§ 32-16-3||Right of action dependent upon compliance|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 32 > Chapter 16
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- dealer: Every person engaged in the business of buying, selling, or exchanging vehicles who has an established place of business for such purpose in this state and to whom current dealer registration plates have been issued by the Department of Revenue. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- director: The Secretary of the Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency of Alabama. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- MOTOR VEHICLE: Every vehicle which is self-propelled and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails, except for electric personal assistive mobility devices. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- nonresident: Every person who is not a resident of this state. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: Every natural person, firm, copartnership, association, or corporation. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- Probate: Proving a will
- registration: The registration certificate or certificates and registration plates issued under the laws of this state pertaining to the registration of vehicles. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- state: A state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a province of Canada. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- vehicle: Every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks or electric personal assistive mobility devices; provided, that for the purposes of this title, a bicycle or a ridden animal shall be deemed a vehicle, except those provisions of this title, which by their very nature can have no application. See Alabama Code 16-36-23
- vendor: as used in this chapter shall be construed to include every individual, partnership, corporation or association whose business in whole or in part is that of selling new or used motor vehicles and likewise shall be construed to include every agent, representative or consignee of any such dealer as defined above, as fully as if the same had been herein expressly set out; except, that no agent, representative or consignee of such dealer or vendor shall be required to make and file the bond if such dealer or vendor for whom such agent, representative or consignee acts shall have fully complied with all of the provisions of this chapter. See Alabama Code 16-60-20