|§ 32-17A-2||Identification of nonoriginal equipment manufacturer aftermarket crash parts manufactured or supplied in this state|
|§ 32-17A-3||Disclosure document|
Terms Used In Alabama Code > Title 32 > Chapter 17A
- AFTERMARKET CRASH PART: A replacement for any of the nonmechanical sheet metal or plastic parts which generally constitute the exterior of a motor vehicle, including inner and outer panels. See Alabama Code 32-17A-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- dealer: Every person engaged in the business of buying, selling, or exchanging vehicles who has an established place of business for such purpose in this state and to whom current dealer registration plates have been issued by the Department of Revenue. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- installer: An individual who performs the work of replacing or repairing parts of a motor vehicle. See Alabama Code 32-17A-1
- insurer: Includes an insurance company and any person authorized to represent the insurer with respect to a claim and who is acting within the scope of the person's authority. See Alabama Code 32-17A-1
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- MOTOR VEHICLE: Every vehicle which is self-propelled and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails, except for electric personal assistive mobility devices. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- NONORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER AFTERMARKET CRASH PART: An aftermarket crash part made by any manufacturer other than the original vehicle manufacturer or his or her supplier. See Alabama Code 32-17A-1
- person: Every natural person, firm, copartnership, association, or corporation. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- REPAIR FACILITY: A motor vehicle dealer, garage, body shop, or other commercial entity which undertakes the repair or replacement of those parts that generally constitute the exterior of a motor vehicle. See Alabama Code 32-17A-1
- state: A state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a province of Canada. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1
- vehicle: Every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks or electric personal assistive mobility devices; provided, that for the purposes of this title, a bicycle or a ridden animal shall be deemed a vehicle, except those provisions of this title, which by their very nature can have no application. See Alabama Code 32-1-1.1