|Article 1||Board of Examiners in Optometry||08.72.010 – 08.72.060|
|Article 2||Licensing||08.72.110 – 08.72.270|
|Article 3||Miscellaneous Provisions||08.72.272 – 08.72.290|
|Article 4||General Provisions||08.72.300 – 08.72.310|
Terms Used In Alaska Statutes > Chapter 72
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- bank: means a person doing a banking business, including persons subject to the law of this or another jurisdiction. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- capital: means the amount of outstanding common stock plus outstanding and perpetual preferred stock. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- department: means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- depository institution: means a financial institution whose deposits are insured by an agency of the federal government. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- fiduciary: means a trustee, agent, executor, administrator, committee, guardian or conservator for a minor or other incompetent person, a receiver, a trustee in bankruptcy, an assignee for creditors, or the holder of a similar position of trust. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- institution: includes a commercial bank, savings bank, credit union, premium finance company, small loan company, bank holding company, financial holding company, trust company, and savings and loan association. See Alaska Statutes 06.05.990
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt. See Alaska Statutes 01.10.060