Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 24 – Optometrists
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Chapter 1||Regulation of Optometrists ? Creation of Board|
|Chapter 2||Further Licensing Requirements ? Establishment of Training Program and Special Fee|
|Chapter 3||Optometric Legend Drugs|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 24 - Optometrists
- administer: means the direct application of a legend drug by an optometrist to a patient. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-2
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- associated structures of the eye: means the:
Indiana Code 25-24-3-1
- board: means the Indiana optometry board established by IC § 25-24-1-1. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-3
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- dispense: means to deliver a legend drug to an ultimate user by or pursuant to a lawful order of an optometrist. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-5
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- legend drug: has the meaning set forth in IC § 16-18-2-199. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-6
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- optometrist: means an individual licensed as an optometrist under IC § 25-24-1. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-7
- prescription: means a written order or an order transmitted by other means of communication that is immediately reduced to writing by the pharmacist or, for electronically transmitted orders in accordance with IC § 25-1-9. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-8
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Subpoena duces tecum: A command to a witness to produce documents.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5