|Chapter 1||Regulation of Optometrists ? Creation of Board|
|Chapter 2||Further Licensing Requirements ? Establishment of Training Program and Special Fee|
|Chapter 3||Optometric Legend Drugs|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 25 > Article 24
- administer: means the direct application of a legend drug by an optometrist to a patient. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-2
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- associated structures of the eye: means the:
Indiana Code 25-24-3-1
- board: means the Indiana optometry board established by Indiana Code 25-24-3-3
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- dispense: means to deliver a legend drug to an ultimate user by or pursuant to a lawful order of an optometrist. See Indiana Code 25-24-3-5
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- legend drug: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 25-24-3-6
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- optometrist: means an individual licensed as an optometrist under Indiana Code 25-24-3-7
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- prescription: means a written order or an order transmitted by other means of communication that is immediately reduced to writing by the pharmacist or, for electronically transmitted orders, recorded in an electronic format from an optometrist to or for an ultimate user for a drug or device, containing:
Indiana Code 25-24-3-8
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Subpoena duces tecum: A command to a witness to produce documents.
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5