A. It is unlawful for a person to knowingly introduce into this state a disease or parasite of animals or poultry that constitutes a threat to:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2912
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Government: means the state, any political subdivision of the state or any department, agency, board, commission, institution or governmental instrumentality of or within the state or political subdivision. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
- Unlawful: means contrary to law or, where the context so requires, not permitted by law. See Arizona Laws 3-1703
1. Livestock or poultry industry in this state.
2. Human health.
3. Human life.
B. This section does not apply to research conducted by government or educational institutions.
C. A violation of subsection A:
1. Paragraph 1 is a class 5 felony.
2. Paragraph 2 is a class 4 felony.
3. Paragraph 3 is a class 2 felony.