A. It is unlawful for a person to knowingly introduce into this state a disease or parasite of animals or poultry that constitutes a threat to:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 13-2912
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Government: means the state, any political subdivision of the state or any department, agency, board, commission, institution or governmental instrumentality of or within the state or political subdivision. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Knowingly: means , with respect to conduct or to a circumstance described by a statute defining an offense, that a person is aware or believes that the person's conduct is of that nature or that the circumstance exists. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Unlawful: means contrary to law or, where the context so requires, not permitted by law. See Arizona Laws 13-105
1. Livestock or poultry industry in this state.
2. Human health.
3. Human life.
B. This section does not apply to research conducted by government or educational institutions.
C. A violation of subsection A:
1. Paragraph 1 is a class 5 felony.
2. Paragraph 2 is a class 4 felony.
3. Paragraph 3 is a class 2 felony.