A. Community college districts may be organized under this chapter for a single county, two or more contiguous counties or an existing community college district and contiguous counties not part of any community college district if the proposed district has a net assessed valuation, based on the valuation for the preceding year, of at least four hundred forty-eight million seventeen thousand two hundred dollars and a minimum population of forty thousand persons who are fifteen or more years of age, as determined by the most recent federal census.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 15-1402
- Assessed valuation: means the valuation derived by applying the applicable percentage as provided in title 42, chapter 15, article 1 to the full cash value or limited property value, whichever is applicable, of the property. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Community college: means an educational institution that is operated by a district board and that provides a program not exceeding two years' training in the arts, sciences and humanities beyond the twelfth grade of the public or private high school course of study or vocational education, including terminal courses of a technical and vocational nature and basic adult education courses. See Arizona Laws 15-1401
- District: means a community college district that is established pursuant to sections 15-1402 and 15-1403 or section 15-1402. See Arizona Laws 15-1401
- Fiscal year: means the year beginning July 1 and ending June 30. See Arizona Laws 15-101
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
B. Beginning with fiscal year 1993-1994, the minimum net assessed valuation required to organize a community college district as provided in subsection A of this section increases each year by the percentage change in total net assessed valuation for all of the districts that are organized pursuant to this section with a population of less than five hundred thousand persons according to the most recent United States decennial census using actual net assessed valuation numbers from the prior two years.
C. The requirements of this section do not apply to community college districts organized pursuant to section 15-1402.01.