The director of the department of insurance may assess each health care insurer that is authorized to transact insurance:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 20-2541
- Department: means the department of insurance. See Arizona Laws 20-2501
- Director: means the director of the department of insurance. See Arizona Laws 20-2501
- Health care insurer: means a disability insurer, group disability insurer, blanket disability insurer, health care services organization, hospital service corporation, prepaid dental plan organization, medical service corporation, dental service corporation or optometric service corporation or a hospital, medical, dental and optometric service corporation. See Arizona Laws 20-2501
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. A single fee of not more than two hundred dollars per insurer.
2. Up to two hundred dollars each year for the costs of performing the responsibilities relating to the procurement of independent review organizations as prescribed in sections 20-2537 and 20-2538 and for implementing and maintaining the external independent review process, including processing and paying claims through the health care appeals fund established by section 20-2540. The department of insurance is authorized one full-time equivalent position to perform these responsibilities.