In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 33-2001
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Community documents" means condominium documents as defined in section 33-1202 or community documents as defined in section 33-1802, including covenants, conditions and restrictions and deed restrictions applicable to the dwelling.
2. "Dwelling" means a newly constructed single family or multifamily unit designed for residential use and property and improvements that are either owned by a homeowners’ association or jointly by all of the members of a homeowners’ association. Dwelling includes the systems, other components and improvements that are part of a newly constructed single family or multifamily unit at the time of construction.
3. "Good faith" means honesty in fact in the conduct or transaction concerned.
4. "Homeowners’ association" means an association as defined in section 33-1202 or 33-1802.
5. "Homeowners’ association dwelling action" means any action involving a construction defect as defined in section 12-1361 filed by a homeowners’ association against the seller of a dwelling arising out of or related to the design, construction, condition or sale of the dwelling.
6. "Seller" means any of the following:
(a) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other organization that is engaged in the business of building or selling dwellings.
(b) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other organization that performs functions relating to or furnishes the design, specifications, surveying, planning, supervising, testing, constructing or observation of the constructing of a dwelling.
(c) A real estate broker or salesperson as defined in section 32-2101.