In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1072
- Agency: means any board, commission, department, officer or other administrative unit of this state, including the agency head and one or more members of the agency head or agency employees or other persons directly or indirectly purporting to act on behalf or under the authority of the agency head, whether created under the Constitution of Arizona or by enactment of the legislature. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- License: includes the whole or part of any agency permit, certificate, approval, registration, charter or similar form of permission required by law, but does not include a license required solely for revenue purposes. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Rule: means an agency statement of general applicability that implements, interprets or prescribes law or policy, or describes the procedure or practice requirements of an agency. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
1. "Administrative completeness review time frame" means the number of days from agency receipt of an application for a license until an agency determines that the application contains all components required by statute or rule, including all information required to be submitted by other government agencies. The administrative completeness review time frame does not include the period of time during which an agency provides public notice of the license application or performs a substantive review of the application.
2. "Overall time frame" means the number of days after receipt of an application for a license during which an agency determines whether to grant or deny a license. The overall time frame consists of both the administrative completeness review time frame and the substantive review time frame.
3. "Substantive review time frame" means the number of days after the completion of the administrative completeness review time frame during which an agency determines whether an application or applicant for a license meets all substantive criteria required by statute or rule. Any public notice and hearings required by law shall fall within the substantive review time frame.