In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1093
- Agency: means any board, commission, department, officer or other administrative unit of this state, including the agency head and one or more members of the agency head or agency employees or other persons directly or indirectly purporting to act on behalf or under the authority of the agency head, whether created under the Constitution of Arizona or by enactment of the legislature. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Council: means the governor's regulatory review council. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- License: includes the whole or part of any agency permit, certificate, approval, registration, charter or similar form of permission required by law, but does not include a license required solely for revenue purposes. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Licensing: includes the agency process respecting the grant, denial, renewal, revocation, suspension, annulment, withdrawal or amendment of a license. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental subdivision or unit of a governmental subdivision, a public or private organization of any character or another agency. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Rule: means an agency statement of general applicability that implements, interprets or prescribes law or policy, or describes the procedure or practice requirements of an agency. See Arizona Laws 41-1001
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
1. "Health, safety or welfare":
(a) Means the protection of members of the public against harm, fraud or loss, including the preservation of public security, order or health.
(b) Does not include the protection of existing businesses or agencies, whether publicly or privately owned, against competition.
2. "Individual" means a natural person.
3. "Occupational regulation":
(a) Means a rule, regulation, practice or policy that allows an individual to use an occupational title or work in a lawful occupation, trade or profession or a cease and desist demand or other regulatory requirement that prevents an individual from using an occupational title or working in a lawful occupation, trade or profession.
(b) Does not include:
(i) A business license, facility license, building permit or zoning and land use regulation.
(ii) Any rule or regulation relating to an institution or individual that is subject to title 36, chapter 4, article 10 or chapter 20.
(iii) Any license or regulation that is required by federal law.
(iv) Any rule or regulation adopted by an agency that is authorized by statute and has been approved by the council pursuant to section 41-1052.
(v) Any rule or regulation relating to emergency medical and transportation services that originated with a public access system or medical transportation requested by a medical authority or by the patient for which a certificate of necessity is required under section 36-2233.
(vi) Any rule relating to the licensing of a securities dealer, securities salesman, investment adviser or investment adviser representative.