In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1371
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
1. "Administrative act" means an action, decision, omission, recommendation, practice, policy or procedure of an agency but does not include the preparation or presentation of legislation or the substantive content of a judicial order, decision or opinion.
2. "Agency" means a department, office, corporation, authority, organization, commission, council or board of the executive branch of state government, a department, office, institution, authority, organization, commission, committee, council or board of state government that is independent of the executive or legislative branches of state government or an officer, employee or member of an agency acting or purporting to act in the exercise of official duties. Agency does not mean the judicial department of state government, the board of regents, universities or community college districts.
3. "Record" means any document, photograph, film, exhibit or other item developed or received under law or in connection with the transaction of official business except an attorney’s work product, communications that are protected under the attorney-client privilege and confidential information as defined in section 41-1378, subsection D, paragraph 4.