In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-1661
- Department: means the state department of corrections. See Arizona Laws 41-1601
- Director: means the director of the state department of corrections. See Arizona Laws 41-1601
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
1. "Academy" means the correctional officer training academy.
2. "Board" means the Arizona peace officer standards and training board.
3. "Correctional officer" means a person, other than an elected official, who is employed by this state or a county, city or town and who is responsible for the supervision, protection, care, custody or control of inmates in a state, county or municipal correctional institution, including counselors but excluding secretarial, clerical and professionally trained personnel.
4. "Director" means the director of the state department of corrections.
5. "Employing agency" means this state or the county or municipal agency which employs correctional officers.