In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 44-1691
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Issuer: means any person who issues or proposes to issue any security, except:
(a) With respect to certificates of deposit, voting-trust certificates, collateral-trust certificates, certificates of interest or shares in an unincorporated investment trust, whether or not of the fixed, restricted management or unit type, issuer means the person or persons performing the acts and assuming the duties of depositor or manager pursuant to the provisions of the trust or other agreement or instrument under which such securities are issued. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company or trust, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency or any other unincorporated organization. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
1. "Consumer" means an individual.
2. "Consumer reporting agency" means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties.
3. "Consumer report" means any written, oral, or other communication of any information by a consumer reporting agency bearing on a consumer’s credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living which is used or expected to be used or collected in whole or in part for the purpose of serving as a factor in establishing the consumer’s eligibility for (a) credit or insurance to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, or (b) employment purposes, or (c) other purposes authorized under section 44-1692. The term does not include any report containing information solely as to transactions or experiences between the consumer and the person making the report; or any authorization or approval of a specific extension of credit directly or indirectly by the issuer of a credit card or similar device; or any report in which a person who has been requested by a third party to make a specific extension of credit directly or indirectly to a consumer conveys his decision with respect to such request, if the third party advises the consumer of the name and address of the person to whom the request was made.
4. "Employment purposes" when used in connection with a consumer report means a report used for the purpose of evaluating a consumer for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention as an employee.
5. "File" when used in connection with information on any consumer, means all of the information on that consumer recorded and retained by a consumer reporting agency regardless of how the information is stored.
6. "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other entity of whatever kind or nature.