A. Any law requiring an entity, a government agency, a government official or any person acting with official government authority to communicate with a person in writing or by mail may be satisfied by use of a secure electronic delivery service.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 44-7052
- Electronic: means relating to technology that has electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical or electromagnetic capabilities or similar capabilities. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Electronic record: means a record that is created, generated, sent, communicated, received or stored by electronic means. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Information: means data, text, images, sounds, codes, computer programs, software or databases or similar items. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, governmental agency or public corporation or any other legal or commercial entity. See Arizona Laws 44-7002
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215
B. This section does not apply to ballots, sample ballots, publicity pamphlets or other similar governmental communication regarding an election.
C. For the purposes of this section, "secure electronic delivery service" means a service that both:
1. Employs security procedures to provide, send, deliver or otherwise communicate electronic records to their intended recipients by means that use either:
(a) Security methods such as passwords, encryption and matching an electronic address to a person’s physical United States postal address.
(b) Other security methods that are consistent with applicable law or industry standards.
2. Operates subject to otherwise applicable requirements of the electronic signatures in global and national commerce act (15 United States Code chapter 96) or this chapter and that allows information to be provided, sent, delivered or otherwise communicated by or from an entity, a government agency, a government official or any person acting with official government authority to a person in the form of an electronic record.