|Article 1||General Provisions||41-5501 – 41-5511|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 54
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: means a business development corporation formed under the provisions of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2251
- Electronic: means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic or similar capabilities. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legal material: means , whether or not in effect:
(a) The Constitution of Arizona. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Official publisher: means the Arizona legislative council. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Superintendent of financial institutions: means the superintendent of the financial institutions division of the department of insurance and financial institutions. See Arizona Laws 10-2251; Version 2
- Treasurer: means that officer designated as the treasurer in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of treasurer, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215