Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 54 – Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|Article 1||General Provisions||41-5501 – 41-5511|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 54 - Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Electronic: means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic or similar capabilities. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legal material: means , whether or not in effect:
(a) The Constitution of Arizona. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- licensed: means any license, authorization, certificate, registration, certificate of registration, membership or other evidence of the satisfaction of the requirements of this state for the practice of a professional service. See Arizona Laws 10-2201
- Licensing authority: means the officer, board, agency, court or other authority in this state empowered by law to license or otherwise authorize the rendition of a professional service. See Arizona Laws 10-2201
- Official publisher: means the Arizona legislative council. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Professional service: means a service that may be lawfully rendered only by a person licensed or otherwise authorized by a licensing authority in this state to render the service. See Arizona Laws 10-2201
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- trustees: means individuals, designated in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or elected by the incorporators, and their successors and individuals elected or appointed by any other name or title to act as members of the board. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Voting shares: means shares entitled to vote for election of directors of the professional corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-2201