|Article 1||General Provisions||41-5501 – 41-5511|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 41 > Chapter 54
- Benefit corporation: means a corporation that both:
(a) Has elected to become subject to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 10-2402
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deliver: includes sending by mail, private courier, fax or electronic transmission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Delivery: means actual receipt by the person or entity to which directed and for electronic transmissions means receipt as described in section 44-7015, subsection B. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Electronic: means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic or similar capabilities. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legal material: means , whether or not in effect:
(a) The Constitution of Arizona. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Official publisher: means the Arizona legislative council. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Arizona Laws 41-5502
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215