|Part 1||Uniform Electronic Transactions Act||47-10-101 – 47-10-123|
|Part 2||Distributed Ledger Technology||47-10-201 – 47-10-202|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 47 > Chapter 10
- Any law to the contrary: includes , but is not limited to, any conflicting provision of any general statute, local law, private act, charter provision, municipal law or municipal ordinance. See Tennessee Code 16-18-301
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Distributed ledger technology: means any distributed ledger protocol and supporting infrastructure, including blockchain, that uses a distributed, decentralized, shared, and replicated ledger, whether it be public or private, permissioned or permissionless, and which may include the use of electronic currencies or electronic tokens as a medium of electronic exchange. See Tennessee Code 47-10-201
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Grace period: The number of days you'll have to pay your bill for purchases in full without triggering a finance charge. Source: Federal Reserve
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Month: means a calendar month. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Municipal court: includes the city, town, mayor's, recorder's or municipal court, or other similarly functioning court, however designated, for any city, town, municipality or metropolitan government, whether the court exists pursuant to general statute, local law, private act, charter provision, municipal law, municipal ordinance or other legal authorization. See Tennessee Code 16-18-301
- Oath: includes affirmation. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in a perceivable form. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- signed: includes a mark, the name being written near the mark and witnessed, or any other symbol or methodology executed or adopted by a party with intention to authenticate a writing or record, regardless of being witnessed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Smart contract: means an event-driven computer program, that executes on an electronic, distributed, decentralized, shared, and replicated ledger that is used to automate transactions, including, but not limited to, transactions that:
(A) Take custody over and instruct transfer of assets on that ledger. See Tennessee Code 47-10-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105