It is unlawful for any person to offer to sell or lease, to contract to sell or lease or to sell or lease any subdivision or part thereof until a final plat thereof, in full compliance with provisions of this article and of any subdivision regulations which have been duly recorded in the office of recorder of the county in which the subdivision or any portion thereof is located, is recorded in the office of the recorder, except that this shall not apply to any parcel or parcels of a subdivision offered for sale or lease, contracted for sale or lease, or sold or leased in compliance with any law or subdivision regulation regulating the subdivision plat design and improvement of subdivisions in effect at the time the subdivision was established. The county recorder shall not record a plat located in a municipality having subdivision regulations enacted under this article unless the plat has been approved by the legislative body of the municipality.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 9-463.03
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Design: means street alignment, grades and widths, alignment and widths of easements and rights-of-way for drainage and sanitary sewers and the arrangement and orientation of lots. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Final plat: means a map of all or part of a subdivision essentially conforming to an approved preliminary plat, prepared in accordance with the provision of this article, those of any local applicable ordinance and other state statute. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Improvement: means required installations, pursuant to this article and subdivision regulations, including grading, sewer and water utilities, streets, easements, traffic control devices as a condition to the approval and acceptance of the final plat thereof. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- municipality: means an incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plat: means a map of a subdivision:
(a) "Preliminary plat" means a preliminary map, including supporting data, indicating a proposed subdivision design prepared in accordance with the provisions of this article and those of any local applicable ordinance. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Subdivision: means any land or portion thereof subject to the provisions of this article as provided in section 9-463. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Subdivision regulations: means a municipal ordinance regulating the design and improvement of subdivisions enacted under the provisions of this article or any prior statute regulating the design and improvement of subdivisions. See Arizona Laws 9-463