In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 9-463
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
1. "Design" means street alignment, grades and widths, alignment and widths of easements and rights-of-way for drainage and sanitary sewers and the arrangement and orientation of lots.
2. "Improvement" means required installations, pursuant to this article and subdivision regulations, including grading, sewer and water utilities, streets, easements, traffic control devices as a condition to the approval and acceptance of the final plat thereof.
3. "Land splits" as used in this article means the division of improved or unimproved land whose area is two and one-half acres or less into two or three tracts or parcels of land for the purpose of sale or lease.
4. "Municipal" or "municipality" means an incorporated city or town.
5. "Planning agency" means the official body designated by local ordinance to carry out the purposes of this article and may be a planning department, a planning commission, the legislative body itself, or any combination thereof.
6. "Plat" means a map of a subdivision:
(a) "Preliminary plat" means a preliminary map, including supporting data, indicating a proposed subdivision design prepared in accordance with the provisions of this article and those of any local applicable ordinance.
(b) "Final plat" means a map of all or part of a subdivision essentially conforming to an approved preliminary plat, prepared in accordance with the provision of this article, those of any local applicable ordinance and other state statute.
(c) "Recorded plat" means a final plat bearing all of the certificates of approval required by this article, any local applicable ordinance and other state statute.
7. "Right-of-way" means any public or private right-of-way and includes any area required for public use pursuant to any general or specific plan as provided for in article 6 of this chapter.
8. "Street" means any existing or proposed street, avenue, boulevard, road, lane, parkway, place, bridge, viaduct or easement for public vehicular access or a street shown in a plat heretofore approved pursuant to law or a street in a plat duly filed and recorded in the county recorder’s office. A street includes all land within the street right-of-way whether improved or unimproved, and includes such improvements as pavement, shoulders, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, parking space, bridges and viaducts.
9. "Subdivider" means a person, firm, corporation, partnership, association, syndicate, trust or other legal entity that files application and initiates proceedings for the subdivision of land in accordance with the provisions of this article, any local applicable ordinance and other state statute, except that an individual serving as agent for such legal entity is not a subdivider.
10. "Subdivision" means any land or portion thereof subject to the provisions of this article as provided in section 9-463.02.
11. "Subdivision regulations" means a municipal ordinance regulating the design and improvement of subdivisions enacted under the provisions of this article or any prior statute regulating the design and improvement of subdivisions.