A. "Subdivision" means improved or unimproved land or lands divided for the purpose of financing, sale or lease, whether immediate or future, into four or more lots, tracts or parcels of land, or, if a new street is involved, any such property which is divided into two or more lots, tracts or parcels of land, or, any such property, the boundaries of which have been fixed by a recorded plat, which is divided into more than two parts. "Subdivision" also includes any condominium, cooperative, community apartment, townhouse or similar project containing four or more parcels, in which an undivided interest in the land is coupled with the right of exclusive occupancy of any unit located thereon, but plats of such projects need not show the buildings or the manner in which the buildings or airspace above the property shown on the plat are to be divided.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 9-463.02
- Design: means street alignment, grades and widths, alignment and widths of easements and rights-of-way for drainage and sanitary sewers and the arrangement and orientation of lots. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Final plat: means a map of all or part of a subdivision essentially conforming to an approved preliminary plat, prepared in accordance with the provision of this article, those of any local applicable ordinance and other state statute. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- municipality: means an incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Plat: means a map of a subdivision:
(a) "Preliminary plat" means a preliminary map, including supporting data, indicating a proposed subdivision design prepared in accordance with the provisions of this article and those of any local applicable ordinance. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Street: means any existing or proposed street, avenue, boulevard, road, lane, parkway, place, bridge, viaduct or easement for public vehicular access or a street shown in a plat heretofore approved pursuant to law or a street in a plat duly filed and recorded in the county recorder's office. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Subdivision: means any land or portion thereof subject to the provisions of this article as provided in section 9-463. See Arizona Laws 9-463
- Subdivision regulations: means a municipal ordinance regulating the design and improvement of subdivisions enacted under the provisions of this article or any prior statute regulating the design and improvement of subdivisions. See Arizona Laws 9-463
B. The legislative body of a municipality shall not refuse approval of a final plat of a project included in subsection A under provisions of an adopted subdivision regulation because of location of buildings on the property shown on the plat not in violation of such subdivision regulations or on account of the manner in which airspace is to be divided in conveying the condominium. Fees and lot design requirements shall be computed and imposed with respect to such plats on the basis of parcels or lots on the surface of the land shown thereon as included in the project. This subsection does not limit the power of such legislative body to regulate the location of buildings in such a project by or pursuant to a zoning ordinance.
C. "Subdivision" does not include the following:
1. The sale or exchange of parcels of land to or between adjoining property owners if such sale or exchange does not create additional lots.
2. The partitioning of land in accordance with other statutes regulating the partitioning of land held in common ownership.
3. The leasing of apartments, offices, stores or similar space within a building or trailer park, nor to mineral, oil or gas leases.