|§ 11-541||Powers and duties generally|
|§ 11-542||County assessor; oath|
|§ 11-543||Liability for taxes on property unassessed through negligence|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 11 > Chapter 3 > Article 7 - Assessor
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Federal act: means the hospital survey and construction act, Public Law 725 of the 79th Congress, and amendments thereof. See Arizona Laws 48-1901
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Outlays: Outlays are payments made (generally through the issuance of checks or disbursement of cash) to liquidate obligations. Outlays during a fiscal year may be for payment of obligations incurred in prior years or in the same year.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Population: means the population according to the most recent United States decennial census. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- revenues: means all income and profits received by a district from all sales of electrical power and energy to its customers, all investment income received on that income and profits and on revenue bond proceeds but does not include any income or monies derived from taxes or assessments authorized by this chapter or the proceeds or investment income of any bonds issued as prescribed by article 4 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 48-1811
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Uniform Commercial Code: A set of statutes enacted by the various states to provide consistency among the states' commercial laws. It includes negotiable instruments, sales, stock transfers, trust and warehouse receipts, and bills of lading. Source: OCC
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215