|Title 1||County Services to Cities and Towns|
|Title 2||Counties Having Power to Assess Property for Tax Purposes|
|Title 3||State Services to Counties, Cities, Towns and Villages|
|Title 4||Application of Article; Adoption of Local Laws|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Real Property Tax > Article 15-A - County and State Assessment Services
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Byproduct: shall mean any element or compound in the finished vapor product, or in the vapor produced during consumption of a vapor product, which: (a) was created or formed during the manufacturing process as an intentional or unintentional consequence of such manufacturing process at any point in such product's supply chain, or at any point in the supply chain of any raw material or ingredient used to manufacture such product; or (b) is created or formed as an intentional or unintentional consequence of the use of an e-cigarette or consumption of a vapor product. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1700
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contaminant: shall mean any element or compound made present in a vapor product as an unintentional consequence of manufacturing. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1700
- Covered institution employee: shall mean any employee, agent, contractor, director, officer or trustee of a covered institution. See
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Educational loan: shall mean any loan that is made, insured, or guaranteed under Part B of Title IV of the Federal Higher Education Act of nineteen hundred sixty-five, as amended, any high risk loan or any private loan issued by a lending institution for the purposes of paying for or financing higher education expenses. See
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- eligible medical condition: means Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, any other inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome or any other medical condition that requires immediate access to a toilet facility. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1900
- Ingredient: shall mean all of the following:
(a) any intentional additive present in any quantity in a vapor product;
(b) a byproduct or contaminant, present in a vapor product in any quantity equal to or greater than one-half of one percent of the content of such product by weight, or other amount determined by the commissioner;
(c) a byproduct present in a vapor product in any quantity less than one-half of one percent of the content of such product by weight, provided such element or compound has been published as a chemical of concern on one or more lists identified by the commissioner; and
(d) a contaminant present in a vapor product in a quantity determined by the commissioner and less than one-half of one percent of the content of such product by weight, provided such element or compound has been published as a chemical of concern on one or more lists identified by the commissioner. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1700
- Lending institution: shall mean :
- Manufacturer: shall mean any person, firm, association, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation which produces, prepares, formulates, or compounds a vapor product or e-cigarette, or whose brand name is affixed to such product. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1700
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- pesticide: means any substance or mixture of substances intended for preventing, destroying, repelling, or mitigating any insect, rodent, fungi, weeds, or other forms of plant or animal life or viruses, except viruses on or in living man or animals. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1602
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Revenue sharing: shall mean any arrangement whereby a lending institution pays a covered institution or an affiliated entity or organization of such covered institution a percentage of the principal of each loan directed towards the lending institution from a borrower at the covered institution. See
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Uphold: The decision of an appellate court not to reverse a lower court decision.
- Vapor products: shall mean any vapor product, as defined by section thirteen hundred ninety-nine-aa of this chapter, intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the consumption of nicotine. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1700