|Article 1||General Provisions||12-2451 – 12-2456|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 15
- Beef cattle: means cattle or calves grown primarily for meat production. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Feed lot: means either of the following:
(a) A beef cattle feed lot, or feed yard, having more than five hundred head of beef cattle at one time during the licensed year. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Generation and transmission cooperative: means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Grantee: includes every person to whom an estate or interest in real property passes, in or by a deed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Livestock: means cattle, equine, sheep, goats and swine, except feral pigs. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Newspaper: has the meaning set forth in section 39-201. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Operator: means the owner or the person having charge or control of a feed lot. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, a corporation, a group of individuals, joint venturers, a partnership, or any other business entity. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.