|§ 232C.1||Emancipation petition — hearing.|
|§ 232C.2||Stay — mediation — referral to family in need of assistance.|
|§ 232C.3||Determination of emancipation — best interests of the minor.|
|§ 232C.4||Effect of emancipation order|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 232C
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1