|Article 1||General Provisions||12-2701 – 12-2704|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 18
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Beef cattle: means cattle or calves grown primarily for meat production. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Feed lot: means either of the following:
(a) A beef cattle feed lot, or feed yard, having more than five hundred head of beef cattle at one time during the licensed year. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- Immigration or naturalization matter: includes all matters implicating any law, action, filing or proceeding related to a person's immigration or citizenship status in the United States. See Arizona Laws 12-2701
- Operator: means the owner or the person having charge or control of a feed lot. See Arizona Laws 3-1451
- Original document: means any document of the United States government or any department or agency of the United States government, any foreign government, any state government or any political subdivision of any state, any United Nations document or any other document, including signed affidavits, that would demonstrate physical presence by a person in the United States. See Arizona Laws 12-2701
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Principal office: means the office, in or out of this state, so designated in the annual report where the principal executive offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located or in any other document executed by the corporation by an officer and delivered to the commission for filing. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Unauthorized practice of immigration and nationality law: means :
(a) The act of any person appearing in any case, either in person or through preparation or filing of any brief or other document, paper, application or petition on behalf of another person or client before or with the immigration and naturalization service, or any officer of the immigration and naturalization service, the executive office for immigration review or the board of immigration appeals, without authorization under this chapter. See Arizona Laws 12-2701
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215