|Article 1||General Provisions||12-2701 – 12-2704|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 12 > Chapter 18
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Delegates: means those persons elected or appointed to vote in a representative assembly for the election of a director or directors or on other matters. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Dissolved: means the status of a corporation on either:
(a) Effectiveness of articles of dissolution pursuant to section 10-1403, subsection B or section 10-1421, subsection B. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Executed by the cooperative: means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the cooperative by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is under the control of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
(a) Determining that the filing fee requirements of section 10-122 have been satisfied. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Generation and transmission cooperative: means a corporation that is organized under this article or that becomes subject to this article as provided in this article. See Arizona Laws 10-2121
- Immigration or naturalization matter: includes all matters implicating any law, action, filing or proceeding related to a person's immigration or citizenship status in the United States. See Arizona Laws 12-2701
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Livestock: means cattle, equine, sheep, goats and swine, except feral pigs. See Arizona Laws 3-1201
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Newspaper: has the meaning set forth in section 39-201. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Original document: means any document of the United States government or any department or agency of the United States government, any foreign government, any state government or any political subdivision of any state, any United Nations document or any other document, including signed affidavits, that would demonstrate physical presence by a person in the United States. See Arizona Laws 12-2701
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Principal office: means the office, in or out of this state, so designated in the annual report where the principal executive offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located or in any other document executed by the corporation by an officer and delivered to the commission for filing. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Publish: means to publish in a newspaper of general circulation in the county of the known place of business for three consecutive publications. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Unauthorized practice of immigration and nationality law: means :
(a) The act of any person appearing in any case, either in person or through preparation or filing of any brief or other document, paper, application or petition on behalf of another person or client before or with the immigration and naturalization service, or any officer of the immigration and naturalization service, the executive office for immigration review or the board of immigration appeals, without authorization under this chapter. See Arizona Laws 12-2701
- United States: includes a district, authority, bureau, commission and department and any other agency of the United States. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140