|§ 13-501||Persons under eighteen years of age; felony charging; definitions|
|§ 13-502||Insanity test; burden of proof; guilty except insane verdict|
|§ 13-503||Effect of alcohol or drug use|
|§ 13-504||Persons under eighteen years of age; juvenile transfer|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 13 > Chapter 5 - Responsibility
- Act: means a bodily movement. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Address: means a mailing address. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Adult: means a person who has attained eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Arraignment: A proceeding in which an individual who is accused of committing a crime is brought into court, told of the charges, and asked to plead guilty or not guilty.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of the water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Bylaws: means the code of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which those rules are designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Conduct: means an act or omission and its accompanying culpable mental state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Corporation: includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger or other transaction in which the predecessor's existence ceased upon consummation of the transaction. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Court: means the superior court of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Criminal street gang: means an ongoing formal or informal association of persons in which members or associates individually or collectively engage in the commission, attempted commission, facilitation or solicitation of any felony act and that has at least one individual who is a criminal street gang member. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Dangerous offense: means an offense involving the discharge, use or threatening exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or the intentional or knowing infliction of serious physical injury on another person. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Deadly weapon: means anything designed for lethal use, including a firearm. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the Arizona department of agriculture. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 3-101
- Director: means an individual who is or was a director of a corporation or an individual who, while a director of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- domestic corporation: means a corporation for profit that is not a foreign corporation and that is incorporated under or subject to chapters 1 through 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Enterprise: includes any corporation, association, labor union or other legal entity. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Establishment: means a mobile or stationary building, plant, vehicle or structure where meat or meat food products are slaughtered or processed or offered for sale. See Arizona Laws 3-2001
- Expenses: include attorney fees and other costs and expenses reasonably related to a proceeding. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Felony: means an offense for which a sentence to a term of imprisonment in the custody of the state department of corrections is authorized by any law of this state. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Firearm: means any loaded or unloaded handgun, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun or other weapon that will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of expanding gases, except that it does not include a firearm in permanently inoperable condition. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit that is incorporated under a law other than the law of this state. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Historical prior felony conviction: means :
(a) Any prior felony conviction for which the offense of conviction either:
(i) Mandated a term of imprisonment except for a violation of chapter 34 of this title involving a drug below the threshold amount. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Intoxication: means any mental or physical incapacity resulting from use of drugs, toxic vapors or intoxicating liquors. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Known place of business: means the known place of business required to be maintained pursuant to section 10-501. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liability: means the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, penalty or fine, including an excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan, or reasonable expenses actually incurred with respect to a proceeding and includes obligations and expenses that have not yet been paid by the indemnified persons but that have been or may be incurred. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Meat: means the edible part of the muscle of cattle, sheep, swine, goats or equines which is skeletal or which is found in the tongue, in the diaphragm, in the heart or in the esophagus, with or without the accompanying and overlying fat, and the portions of bone, skin, sinew, nerve and blood vessels which normally accompany the muscle tissue and which are not separated from it in the process of dressing. See Arizona Laws 3-2001
- Member: means , without regard to what a person is called in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, any person or persons who, pursuant to a provision of a corporation's articles of incorporation or bylaws, have the right to vote for the election of a director or directors. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Membership: refers to the rights and obligations a member or members have pursuant to a corporation's articles of incorporation and bylaws and chapters 24 through 40 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Minor: means a person under eighteen years of age. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Officer: means an individual who is or was an officer of a corporation or an individual who, while an officer of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Party: includes an individual who was, is or is threatened to be made a named defendant or respondent in a proceeding. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: means a human being and, as the context requires, an enterprise, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated association, a partnership, a firm, a society, a government, a governmental authority or an individual or entity capable of holding a legal or beneficial interest in property. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Physical injury: means the impairment of physical condition. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Proceeding: means any threatened, pending or completed action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative or investigative and whether formal or informal. See Arizona Laws 10-3850
- Proceeding: includes a civil suit and a criminal, administrative and investigatory action. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Required disclosure: means disclosure by the director who has a conflicting interest of both:
(a) The existence and nature of the conflicting interest. See Arizona Laws 10-3860
- Secretary: means that officer designated as the secretary in the articles of incorporation or bylaws or that officer authorized in the articles of incorporation, the bylaws or otherwise to perform the functions of secretary, irrespective of the name by which designated. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Serious physical injury: includes physical injury that creates a reasonable risk of death, or that causes serious and permanent disfigurement, serious impairment of health or loss or protracted impairment of the function of any bodily organ or limb. See Arizona Laws 13-105
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: includes a district, authority, bureau, commission and department and any other agency of the United States. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140