|§ 18-552||Notification of security system breaches; requirements; enforcement; civil penalty; preemption; exceptions|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 18 > Chapter 5 > Article 4
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the supreme court, the court of appeals, the superior court, a court that is inferior to the superior court and a justice court. See Arizona Laws 18-551
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Individual: means a resident of this state who has a principal mailing address in this state as reflected in the records of the person conducting business in this state at the time of the breach. See Arizona Laws 18-551
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prosecution agency: means the attorney general, a county attorney or a municipal prosecutor. See Arizona Laws 18-551
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Security incident: means an event that creates reasonable suspicion that a person's information systems or computerized data may have been compromised or that measures put in place to protect the person's information systems or computerized data may have failed. See Arizona Laws 18-551
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215