Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 51 > Chapter 51
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agency: means the state, a political subdivision of the state, and any officer, agency, board, commission, department or similar body of the state or any political subdivision of the state. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:3073
- Biometric data: means data generated by automatic measurements of an individual's biological characteristics, such as fingerprints, voice print, eye retina or iris, or other unique biological characteristic that is used by the owner or licensee to uniquely authenticate an individual's identity when the individual accesses a system or account. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:3073
- Breach of the security of the system: means the compromise of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of computerized data that results in, or there is a reasonable likelihood to result in, the unauthorized acquisition of and access to personal information maintained by an agency or person. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:3073
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Federal Reserve System: The central bank of the United States. The Fed, as it is commonly called, regulates the U.S. monetary and financial system. The Federal Reserve System is composed of a central governmental agency in Washington, D.C. (the Board of Governors) and twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks in major cities throughout the United States. Source: OCC
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, joint stock company, joint venture, or any other legal entity. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:3073
- Personal information: means the first name or first initial and last name of an individual resident of this state in combination with any one or more of the following data elements, when the name or the data element is not encrypted or redacted:
(i) Social security number. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:3073