Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 19 > Article 4
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Board: means the transportation board. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- County highway: means a public road that is constructed and maintained by a county. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Petty offense: A federal misdemeanor punishable by six months or less in prison. Source: U.S. Courts
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Right-of-way: when used within the context of the regulation of the movement of traffic on a highway means the privilege of the immediate use of the highway. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State highway: means a state route or portion of a state route that is accepted and designated by the board as a state highway and that is maintained by the state. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- State route: means a right-of-way whether actually used as a highway or not that is designated by the board as a location for the construction of a state highway. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215