Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 7 > Article 8
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Combination of vehicles: means a truck or truck tractor and semitrailer and any trailer that it tows but does not include a forklift designed for the purpose of loading or unloading the truck, trailer or semitrailer. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department of transportation. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- highway: means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way if a part of the way is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Nonresident: means a person who is not a resident of this state as defined in section 28-2001. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Operator: means a person who drives a motor vehicle on a highway, who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle on a highway or who is exercising control over or steering a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215